Monday, October 4, 2010

Paint the Lugs

We were both nervous about painting the lugs.  Knowing you're getting close to the end and you don't want to screw something up puts the preasure on.  Plus neither of us have steady hands.





Of course like always.  I tend to jump into things with out reading directions or doing any research.   Painting of the lugs was a little bit of trouble because we did it wrong.  I decided that mixing the paint and metal flakes would be the best way to do things.  I realize now that's wrong.  The paint looked dull and it was very clumpy.  Luckily Sam, model painting expert, from the neighborhood came down and gave us a better idea for doing it.  I wish I had talked to him beforehand.  You can definitely tell the difference between his method (painting heavily and sprinkling metal flakes) and ours.  Smoother and looks better.  The pictures don't do it justice...it looks pimp!!


No comments:

Post a Comment