Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sizing for the Bikes

Orginally was received a fitting from my LBS that sold Italian bikes.  I was fitted for my bike and for a future bike.  Well there is a huge difference between Italian bikes and other bikes.  I thought it was a little strange that I was sized for a 57cm frame being as I am almost 6'3".  However the adjustments he made to my current bike felt wonderful so I didn't question it. 

When we decided to build these frames I told Katrina to go to the same place because they did an excellent job.  She was measured for a 51cm bike.  Now I know that's wrong because she is 5'9". 

Well it turns out after talking to my friend Raul that the italian bikes have a different geometry so the measurements we did will be of little use in this build.  The contact points will be the same (seat, handlebars, and pedals) but the bike configuration will be different.

So we had to take measurements on our own and follow the build form on Sanner Cycles website.  Last night we did the measurements a couple of times over and I am going to send them to Tim and see what he comes up with as far as size.

Also Competitive Cyclist has a wonderful Fit Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment